How can I use Alerts to be competitive? There are many answers but generally they help you keep up-to-date with publications specific to your interest as they’re published.
Here’s what one client says about an alert that’s been very helpful to him:
“We value The Pearson Strategy Group’s Automated Alert services for their ability to monitor for regulatory changes in the U.S. and several other countries. Further, some of these alerts are able to identify regulatory change proposals. Knowing about and preparing for these changes before they become law is critical to our planning and budgeting processes. For example, we learned about a new U.S. regulation in time to apply for a grandfather exemption from a new law. Anticipating that our request will be approved, we will have saved a lot of time and money by not having to conform to the new law.”
We offer a variety of options to help you stay current with a specific technology, company, person or something else.
1. Competitive Intelligence Reports
Put us in your corner on a continuous basis providing access to knowledge form a much broader base of information than automated alerts can provide. Custom Alerts will save you a lot of time as they only contain information that’s on target with your company strategy and as well as your individual needs and projects. These alerts can be as simple as us calling or emailing you when we discover something that we know is important to you. Each report is a a custom alert unique to the person receiving it; please feel free to contact us directly.
2. Automated Alerts
The Pearson Strategy Group offers Alert services that will email you when publications meeting your criteria are identified:
Patent Alerts provide comprehensive monitoring of newly published patent applications and granted patents from around the world (coverage details are listed here). Patent Alerts can monitor any mix of assignee names, inventors, terminology, classifications (US, EP, IC or CPC), citations, etc.
Technology/Business/Government Alerts include access to a large number of highly-regarded databases with each one covering many publications/journals. Each can monitor for any mix of terminology, company names or author names. Monitored databases can include any of the following types of resources:
- Technical includes the wide coverage of Inform, Compendex and Technology Database plus the more focused coverage of Aerospace, Energy, Transportation, Materials, Chemistry, Corrosion, Aluminum Abstracts, Ceramics, Conferences, Dissertations, Standards, etc…
- Business/Market includes Newswire, Business Dateline and Newspaper Abstracts
- Government includes US Trademarks, National Technical Information Service and Federal Business Opportunities
Web Page Alerts monitor a specific URL and then email you whenever a change is detected on that webpage. These Alerts are simple but elegant since they will, for example, monitor your competitor’s webpages, governmental regulations, industry or governmental work groups.
These Alerts are perfect for:
- Web pages which you frequently visit looking for new or changed information since your last visit,
- Web pages where it is difficult to determine what information has changed since your last visit,
- Web pages which you can use to maintain your awareness but can’t be replaced by subscribing to the website for news updated via email or by monitoring an RSS feed (see the FAQs page if you would like to learn more about RSS feeds).
Web Page Alert emails summarize the changes observed within the email but they also include a hyperlink to the changed page which shows every change made by highlighting.
RSS Alerts monitor a number of RSS feeds for important terminology, people or companies. Because the feeds chosen are specific to your interest, these alerts are very powerful and simple way to stay current. Some companies like these alerts for simply monitoring their industry or company name. See the FAQs if you would like to learn more about RSS feeds.
3. Mediated Alerts
Mediated Alerts allow us to monitor, filter, and prioritize any automated alert to minimize your time and improve the effectiveness of your alerts.