CUSTOM RESEARCH TO ‘SNOOP ON THE COMPETITION’
One of our most popular services is Competitive Intelligence, sometimes called secondary research, or in simple terms “snooping on the competition.” A staple in larger companies’ R&D toolboxes, smaller companies often overlook this informative option. With PSG’s expert guidance, our clients find that Competitive Intelligence helps them stay on budget by leveraging hard-to-find information that PSG research brings to the table.
In addition to interpreting the results of our research, our experts can provide strategic advice that will help you roadmap a plan to meet your goals down the road. For long-term advice, our team includes a partner who is a certified futurist.
We help our client’s open paths for opportunities while minimizing risk by:
• Identifying disruptive technologies earlier.
• Uncovering an unknown competitor or a known competitor’s movements.
• Revealing details of similar ideas (there’re almost always similar ideas).
• Heading off infringement lawsuits.
• Opening up ideas for licensing, including patents.
For clients needing ongoing feedback about what the competition is doing or filing, PSG can monitor threatening patents, technologies and competitor activities in near-real time.
Regular Reports on Your Schedule and Budget
Our custom research provides exactly what you need, when you need it. We are not restrained by the automated alerts available to you and everyone else, including your competitors.
It is common for clients to use several automated alerts, but our Custom Alerts streamline that process to:
• Save you time
• Broaden coverage – We search beyond sources available through automation
• A single update on a schedule that you decide
• Executive summary option
• Prioritized reports without redundant or irrelevant information
• Inform you quickly – We notify you immediately when we find information important to you
Reports are entirely customized to your needs. For example:
You might prefer to receive OCR’d PDF files for every U.S. and European granted patent. The report’s format can be anything appropriate to your needs. Some clients prefer a phone call about critical information and no written document.
We seek your input regularly to improve each report based on your business strategy, projects or other criteria. We believe in one-on-one communication. You talk directly to the consultant preparing your Alerts.