We are Celebrating 5 Years Serving YOU
Happy Independence Day!
Now that you’ve celebrated the birth of our nation, please join me in celebrating the birth of the Pearson Strategy Group, the company I launched five years ago.
– Steve Pearson
Despite my success as an analyst in the corporate world, I knew that I could provide a more personal level of service to ambitious clients struggling with innovation and growth. In 2011, I took a major leap and launched PSG to bring large company resources and previously unknown services to small and mid-sized companies.
We feel that we’re at the forefront of a new industry and will enjoy having a name for it at some point in the future. Regardless, it’s been a great experience and I love seeing my clients thrive.
PSG allows us to utilize my research and technical expertise to help explain complex issues in simple terms and streamline often tedious and expensive processes for our clients.
Along the way, I have gathered tons of data for clients and helped them learn valuable information about their industries and competition.
I’ve learned a lot too and I’d like to share these points that my Alliance Partners and I have for the other innovators out there:
5 lessons for entrepreneurs — from PSG Alliance Partners
- Cast a wide net. Many of our clients are scope locked on their idea/industry and overlook very compelling opportunities that should be considered before moving forward in a big way.
- Develop your network and be on the lookout for mentors. Developing your product is fun but don’t forget that you will need someone to be interested to make it successful. As a part of this process, identifying mentors to provide an outside perspective and share experiences will help you avoid mistakes and maximize your opportunities.
- Build in due diligence. Due diligence is both relatively cheap insurance and incredibly helpful. We’ve seen many businesses throw their efforts and money at accomplishing tasks that later turn out to be wasteful and could have been easily avoided if they had sought out answers early.
- Personal referrals are the best advertising. There are lots of ways to spend money to round up new clients, but I have found that providing the best service possible to existing clients leads to word-of-mouth referrals that are worth gold.
- Partners add depth and value. Partnerships are valuable resources for broadening the support I can provide my clients. My Alliance Partners include experts in Intellectual Property Law, Marketing, Consumer Trends, Valuations, Innovation, Futuring, and Editorial Services. More about our newest partner Tuck Kamin, below.
Patent Analytics Can Reveal Trends
There are more than 5 million patent applications per year worldwide and sorting through those as well as all of the preceding years could be an overwhelming task. PSG uses Patent Analytics to create visual snapshots that reveal trends in related patent activities as this is an important indicator of future technology and market direction.
Every patent application and granted patent provides dozens of valuable clues surrounding innovations. With large numbers, they make a rich data set to sift through and interpret.
Patent Analytics research is fast, relatively low cost, uses real data, minimizes risk and helps direct money and other innovation resources into the most appropriate direction. Accordingly, companies can find maximum benefit from this method when they identify areas where they need to innovate today, not tomorrow, or when they chose to redirect their R&D efforts.
Below is an example of Patent Analytics from a recent report. We captured an overview of Samsung’s patent activity related to memory technologies, but this approach can be applied to most technologies.
To see more examples of Patent Analytics at work, click here.
Visit our blog
For more ideas about how Patent Analytics can help your business,
see my blog 5 Innovation Clues from Patent Analytics.
Please contact us for more information about a Patent Analytic package for your business.
The Speaking Circuit
Anne Boysen: Our Future Without Money
Peer-to-peer payment platforms like Venmo already replace the need for cash and more disruptions to the financial industry are coming. The transition for banks and traditional financial institutions fighting the status quo will be exciting, but onerous.
Spain’s largest newspaper El País recently hosted No Money – a Cashless Future in Madrid. Sponsored by large companies Santander, Vodaphone, and Ibera, the event focused on how banks can adapt. PSG alliance partner Anne Boysen spoke on Millennials’ habits and receptiveness to the new reality she explained earlier in her blog.
“Although my Spanish taxi driver was vehemently upset after I presented my VISA card, cash is quickly disappearing as a default value denominator, and in Northern Europe, we might even see the national Mint disappear altogether. We also learned that banks and businesses in Scandinavia are quickly going cash-free. Next time you forget your wallet at home, maybe you don’t have to turn back around?”
Steve Pearson: A Busy Quarter
I’ve met with some interesting groups this year and I enjoy learning and listening ALMOST as much as sharing my expertise. Here’s a sample of my presentations:
Want to Do Your Own Patent Searches: Info from a Pro – Alamo Inventors, a Special Interest Group (SIG) of Technology Connexus Association in San Antonio
Patent Searches and Office Hours – TechShop StartUp ATX in Austin
Product Master Mind Group – meetup at Orange Coworking in Austin
If you’d like either of us to speak at your group, call 1-512-466-1450 or email email@example.com to discuss.
Welcome Our New Consultant
I am proud to introduce you to Tuck Kamin who joined forces with PSG recently.
Branding Strategist Has Sharp Vision of Growing Market Related to Aging
Marketing and design expert Tuck Kamin has more than 30 years of advertising success and exciting ideas about the emerging market around our aging society. Forward-looking companies will benefit from his strategic vision and creativity.
Contact Steve at the Pearson Strategy Group
We’d be glad to discuss your needs and our capabilities at any time, at no risk to you.
We will never share your contact information or call you unless you request us to do so.
Call 1-512-466-1450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud that 95% of our clients come from referrals and we appreciate the trust from those who find value in our deliverables and refer us to their friends.
If you’d like to join my mailing list, please add your email address here.